Terms & Conditions
This agreement is made on the date the customer signs the Schedule of Works hereafter referred to as the Schedule between SEAL-LITE WINDOWS, DOORS AND CONSERVATORIES LTD hereafter referred to as the ‘Company’ and the Customer as specified in the Schedule and shall be governed by the laws of England.
- Our representative is authorized to accept a cheque or cash with this order. Our installer is similarly authorized to accept payment when the order is complete. All cheques are to be made payable to the Company. It is understood that there are no agreements between the Company’s representative and the Customer other than those embodies in this agreement.
- Although time is not the essence of this contract the work will be commenced as soon as possible but the Company will not be liable for any damages in respect of any delay in delivery or installation and any completion notice served by the Customer shall give notice of at least twenty eight (28) days to the Company.
- Any alterations to pelmets or blinds or other fittings found necessary due to the house double glazing shall be the responsibility of the Customer. The Company cannot accept any responsibility for any glass breakage after installation.
- As stated in the Consumer Contracts regulation 2013 the Agreement may be cancelled by the Customer by giving notice in writing fourteen (14) days from the date that the Agreement is signed by the Customer. Such written notice must be sent by Registered or Recorded post to SEAL-LITE WINDOWS, DOORS AND CONSERVATORIES LTD, Unit 1, Tweed Road, Clevedon, NORTH SOMERSET, BS21 6RR. The Company reserves the right to cancel this order at any time before commencement of installation in which case the Company will return any deposit paid but without interest.
- The Company disclaims responsibility for any damage resulting from structural defects existing before the work commenced. Any plaster or rendering work will be unpainted and no redecoration work is included.
- The Customer will give access to the premises to the Company, its servants and workmen at all reasonable times so that the Company may complete the installation in accordance with this Agreement.
- All the Terms and Conditions between the Company and Customer are contained in this Agreement and no oral or written arrangement between the Customer and any agent or representative of the Company not mentioned in this Agreement shall be in any way binding upon the Company.
- The type of individual panes of double glazing and their arrangement shall in the absence of special arrangement detailed in the Schedule be determined by the Company. Glass used by the Company in its double glazing units shall be of a thickness and weight determined by the Company’s technical surveyors. The Company excludes liability for optical effects attributed to natural phenomena.
- In respect of guarantees, the period of cover varies in accordance with the underwritten cover from the various manufacturers concerned. However, the minimum period of guarantee is ten years for all frames and ten years for all glass sealed units. Any extended cover will be notified at the time of Contracts. Should any system prove defective as a results of faulty materials or workmanship within the period of guarantee, the Company will repair or replace as necessary free of charge. This condition states the full liability of the Company in respect of disputes and the Company shall not be liable for consequential loss of any nature whatsoever including without limitation any loss of earnings. This guarantee is given in addition to all of your existing rights under common law and statute.
- Only glass from suppliers of the highest reputation will be used in the double glazing units but no guarantee is given that any glass so used is perfect. SAVE AS AFORESAID the Company guarantee to repair or replace without charge for either labour or materials any unit which develops a fault due to defective materials or construction or installation if written notice of the fault or defect is given with TEN YEARS of the date of installation provided that the units are installed by fitters appointed by the Company. This does not include minor imperfections in the glass.
- The guarantee contained in this Agreement shall come into effect on the date that the installation has been completed and the Customer has signed a satisfaction notice (hereafter referred to as the due date) provided that the total contract pride has been paid in full. The guarantees are valid if any monies remain outstanding after the due date.
- Payment may be made only by cash, cheque, banker’s draft or banker’s payment and shall be due for payment on completion of installation. Should the Customer fail to pay on the due date then the Company may demand immediate payment of the total amount payable and other amounts due under this agreement and under any other agreement between the Customer and the Company. Goods remain the property of Seal-Lite Windows, Doors and Conservatories until paid in full. If any payment is not made on the due date then in addition to our rights we may also charge you with; (a) Interest calculated on a daily basis on the amount unpaid until it is paid in full. The rate of interest charged will not exceed the highest rate permitted by law. (b) The cost to us of every reminder or demand for payment and collection costs, including reasonable solicitors/lawyer’s fees and any court costs. (c) Any back costs incurred by us and any administrative costs.
- It is a statutory requirement that when new domestic windows and doors are installed, the Customer is offered insurance to protect them should the contractor cease to trade. Your details will be passed to our authorized insurance provider who will send you a policy certificate. Alternatively, your details will be passed to our insurance provider so that they can offer the appropriate cover to you for a set premium.